Ok, so I’m awful at taking recipes and breaking them down to the amount of fluid ounces I need. Same for food recipes. If I’m making something, I am making it exactly by the measurements in the book. It doesn’t matter if I’m the only one eating it. Leftovers, anyone?
I’ve been fretting over an empty Thieves Laundry Detergent container I have and refuse to order more at the moment because I’ve found that making your own detergent costs basically NOTHING compared to ordering ANY Laundry Detergent. Even if you get your laundry detergent at the dollar store, I’m still saving more money than you AND have a completely chemical free, effective product. Not to brag, because this takes zero talent to achieve if you’d like to join me.
My lovely, most awesome husband took my original recipe and broke it down to fit into my lonely Thieves bottle. Here we go, people.
You will need:
All of these, listed above, last forever, by the way.
- Use a 64 oz Bowl to mix ingredients
- Add 1 TBSP of the Natural Washing Soda
- Mix in 1 TBSP Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
- Pour in 30 oz of distilled water
- Add and Mix 1.5 TBSP of Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap
- Finally, add 8 to 10 drops of your favorite essential oil.